http://becauseimright-nocomme1.blogspot.com/

Kidnapped by Japan - How A Mother's Dying Wish Led To A Father's Unimaginable Loss

Read the story here

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oh Yeah, I Almost Forgot: I'm Still Not Voting for Him

Sphere: Related Content

What with the Hillary/Obama race looking more and more like an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch (you know, that MTV show where two claymation celebrities literally rip each other to shreds) and sucking all the air out of the room, it is easy to forget that John McCain is still hanging around. I doubt he minds the lack of attention all that much as the less Americans see of him the better they seem to like him.

I was sort of enjoying not thinking about him all that much when I came across this column by Star Parker on the good Senator. *Sigh* I wish I'd just skipped it and gone on my way but Parker reminded me of the fact that this is what it is like when McCain is being McCain:



You spoke in Los Angeles the other day about our country and its place in the world. You talked about political, economic and military strength, and international citizenship.

I strained to hear you mention our moral uniqueness -- our being that "city on a hill." But I heard not a hint.

President Nixon once observed that Americans often make the mistake of thinking that conflict in the world is the result of misunderstanding rather than difference of belief.

Because you seem not to appreciate that our beliefs make us different, you suggest more talk. You propose more international compacts and organizations, as if we don't have enough.

What exactly are the values we would share with others in your concept for a League of Democracies? The European Union countries can't even agree on a common constitution.


You know, sometimes in moments of weakness I think, "Maybe, just maybe I'll vote for...". And then I'll be reminded of exactly what this guy is like and I know that, "Nope, I'm still not voting for him."

No comments: